Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 3: Mkt 349 - Organization of the campaign


The most important thing to achieve the goals with your campaign is to keep it well organized. You have to select the most specific keywords that you can in order restrict the customer's research to your campaign. Doing this you will not lose your clicks and will probably attract the right people to your website page.



Furthermore, we can see that Ad Words is organized into three layers: account, campaigns, and ad groups.
  1. Your account is associated with a unique email address, password, and billing information.
  2. Your ad campaign has its own budget and settings that determine where your ads appear.
  3. Your ad group contains a set of similar ads and the words and phrases, known as keywords, that you want to trigger your ads to show.


When I was living in Brazil, for instance, I used to work for a small company, in which one of my tasks was to manage Google Ad Words for them. Back in those days, I could not realize how important this tool could be for a company. However, this experience taught me, at least, how to manage the basic parts of Google Ad words and how important is to organize the campaign according to the keywords. They did not have a significant database, in which I could see exactly the impact of my work. However, the increase on the demand was so dramatic that all of the credits were given to my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment